It’s easy to get caught up in Instagram and find yourself mindlessly watching stories for who knows how long. Lately, I’ve made a conscious effort to limit aimless scrolling and dedicate time to learning something new, especially within the social media field. Along the way, I’ve found countless podcasts, books and websites that have helped me stay up-to-date with emerging trends, ideas and tips to try. Here are a few of my favorite resources that I hope can also be helpful to you too.
1. Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too: Feeling a little unmotivated? This book can really kick you into gear, especially when it comes to building a business. Outside of entrepreneurship, this book provides so many tips, tricks and new ways of thinking when it comes to social media that can be applied to any job. Gary discusses each social network – at length – and even I was surprised by a couple networks he decided to focus on. If you’re not up for reading the book, the audio book goes off the script, which I loved. If there were any recent updates, he would go off script while reading and correct it!
2. The GaryVee Audio Experience: So, by now you know I’m a big fan. I love his book, of course I love his podcasts too. Simply put, what he shares is raw and helpful. If you haven’t listened, make a reminder to turn on an episode the next time you get in the car. I usually start listening when I’m in traffic at 5:00 p.m. throughout the week. Kill some time and learn something too!
3. Social Pros: While we’re on the topic of podcasts, add this one to your list too! I love how this podcast focuses on the people who are doing the day-to-day work. There’s a lot of great content here and I recommend listening.
4. Social Media Today: I love this website so much I’ve included it into my morning routine. Each morning, I jump on their homepage for the latest news and updates. If you work within social media, this website shared so many great articles! They have everything from what breaking industry news is happening to platform updates that could affect your day-to-day. If you don’t already keep a close eye on their content, I encourage you to do so.
5. Facebook Groups: There is so much value in Facebook Groups. Being able to join a community of likeminded individuals is so important! Facebook provides so many spaces for you to connect with people in your field, ask questions and find answers. There are so many groups to choose from. Try searching and see what stands out to you. Here are two of my favorites right now:
i. Social Media Managers – over 30,000 members!
ii. The Social Shells
I hope this was useful to you. There are so many places to find inspiration online - these are the ones that stand out to me the most right now.
Have a great rest of your day!